On 04/16/2014 12:53 PM, Vytautas Jancauskas wrote:
> What are the many other reasons?
From the top of my head:
* No support for sustain pedal on renoise native instruments (and no
interest in adding it)
* Doesn't work well with lot's of long samples
* X-fade loop broken, no interest in fixing, I even posted a python
script to show how it's done without magic
* New version is a step in a direction I don't like
* "remove unused samples" feature removed
* loop editor removed
* don't get the new instrument design
> Although I don't completely understand
True. In '09 when I started using renoise, the options were quite
limited. Renoise was the only stable, well rounded music software I
could find. I always felt that the tracker interface counter-productive
and backwards (although it has it's strong points). So you could say
that I lived with and learned to work with/agains the tracker part of
renoise until now.
Today it's different, there are quite a few options.
Linux-audio-user mailing list