Re: [LAU] ams-lv2 1.0.2 and a tutorial

From: Atte <atte@...>
To: Aurélien Leblond <blablack@...>
Cc: Linux Audio Users <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 11:22 am

On 02/09/2014 07:57 PM, Aurélien Leblond wrote:

> You do know that AMS and Ingen are in their concept very similar, right?

Yes. Two important differences, though:

1) AMS has build-in modules, so is fully self-contained.

2) AMS is stable (at least compared to ingen).

I've had tons of fun with AMS, made some really nice sounds with it, but
without a plugin it just never was used as much in real life as it could
have.

Ingen (originally om), on the other hand, has always been a drag to
build, keep up with and get stable. It might be me, but I really, really
tried.

VSTi is simply the first choice of format to support for larger players
(energyxt, renoise and now bitwig) and some smaller (I love radium),
maybe out of habit, maybe because they can reuse code from their windows
implementation. Having AMS as linux native VSTi would be absolutely
awesome! I'm not even sure money could buy you a more powerful synth on
linux. Sure there's Loomer Aspect (bought that) and some minor ones, but
AMS is the bomb!

--
Atte

http://atte.dk http://modlys.dk