Re: [LAU] two new tracks

From: Q <lists@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 8:11 pm

On 31/07/13 16:58, alexander wrote:

Just listening to Glitch. Cool. Great late night stuff, not that it
currently is here, but nevermind :-)

It reminds me of the bits of Univers Zero I've heard, early Anekdoten,
Goblin and Morte Macabre (half of Anekdoten plus others doing covers of
Goblin and other horror soundtrack music). The radio brought to mind the
end of MM's cover of Fabio Frizzi's Apoteosi Del Mistero from one of the
Living Dead films, with its snippet of (I think Russian) radio picked up
by mistake on someone's amp.

The mix is quite nice, but a bit muddy for my taste tending towards
being a bit dull in places. There were one or two points where I think
the drums were overpowering some of the other instruments just a little.

Ocean In The Radio is not the sort of thing I'd normally listen to, a
bit too ambient and lacking in structure for my liking. But it sounded
good and very well executed. The mix was great.

Thanks for sharing