Re: [LAU] Some ffmpeg/avconv questions

From: Rob <lau@...>
To: lau <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 7:39 pm

On 2013-06-29 13:22, Rustom Mody wrote:

11000 ought to be fine, as most speech-specific applications I've seen
default to 8000.

5500? Not sure. If your voice is low, it should still be fine, maybe a bit
muffled. But in the late '90s, when I was at a company looking at an early
VOIP PBX, we turned them down when the CEO and his wife tried to have a
conversation on their demo equipment and it bandpassed her very high,
squeaky voice right out of existence. So it's definitely possible to go too
low, though I can't imagine her voice was entirely over 2750Hz.

Should be pretty easy to test before doing any real recordings.

Rob