Re: [LAU] [Music] Horror prog: Spiral Torso Op

From: Q <lists@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 9:40 am

On 23/04/13 08:58, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:

Hi Carlos

Thanks for listening, glad you enjoyed it.

I know the film you mean but I've not seen it 20-odd years so I can't
bring the score to mind. I'll have to see whether I can find it on YouTube.

Corea is someone whose music I'm not familiar with and I don't intend
changing that.

The 12-strings were very carefully tuned: I never tune them perfectly as
I feel that partially negates the effect of using a 12-string. And to
misquote Mr Fripp, tuning a 12-string doesn't!

The overall tempo drifts, deliberately so, in order to try to achieve a
more organic feel and minimise the feel of being recorded in a DAW to a
rigid click track. Within that, certain instruments almost certainly
drift more than others: anything that was grossly out of time was
re-recorded until it was right but nothing else massively offended me.

But I realise different people have different tolerances for timing
variation and these days that tolerance is much smaller and less loose
than it was back in the 60s and 70s.

Thanks again for listening and commenting, I appreciate it.