Re: [LAU] [Music] Horror prog: Spiral Torso Op

From: Q <lists@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 8:41 am

On 22/04/13 08:40, Tim Goetze wrote:

Interesting, they're generally not synths that are regarded as warm and
for the most part it sounds quite thin to me, much of which is due to it
being single oscillator. Although not all the sounds are thin and the
layering of other parts has overcome it as well.

Sounding thin isn't a problem, in fact, I don't think the woodwind
emulations would sound as good, but it certainly lacks the fullness and
warmth of a Moog. It's interesting how subjective these things are and
how totally inadequate language can be at describing them :-)

>> But one thing's for sure, it sounds absolutely nothing like Genesis :-)

Well, certain instrumentation made me think that that was a probably
direction, but my muse obviously had other ideas. Just goes to show it's
not the tools you use, but how you use them that is important :-)

Cheers