Re: [LAU] Terrible mic ground noise

From: <jonetsu@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Monday, April 1, 2013 - 9:14 pm

Le 01-04-2013 05:50, Fons Adriaensen a écrit :

> I wouldn't be so sure. Electret mics can in theory produce a tiny

I've uploaded a music sketch on Youtube (first time - only a black
screen + music) at:

http://youtu.be/Iu5U8GxG6Rg

Acoustic guitar and bass are recorded using the Pulsar mic w/o phantom
power. The acoustic bass is actually doubling the guitar line a bit
later. The main bass is keyboard.

It's a sketch, not really meant for presenting anywhere. It has
repetitions and is used for the idea to develop further. If you listen
until the end you'll hear he general direction.

> Regarding using the city water (or central heating pipes, or

That sounds like a good advice. In case something shorts at the
electrical side then this would be reflected immediately in the water
pipes, probably of the whole house. Although the setup is all connected
to a sturdy power bar featuring a breaker which should operate within
milliseconds, the principle by itself is not a safe one - thanks for
reminding about that.

So the mystery remains about how can a phantom-powered mic pick up
acoustic sounds at a respectable level without being powered.