> From: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fedora Musicians Guide has a good topic on Real-Time and Low-Latency:
* A Real-Time kernel will give you more consistent, reliable latency.
- But not necessarily lower latency
* Useful, proven, RT features migrate into the main kernel.
- So use the RT patches to test and prove them.
* Current main kernels give reasonable performance for most musicians.
- Your mileage may vary, if you get some annoying x-runs use the RT patch.
- Sound travels ~1 foot per millisecond, 8 feet from the speaker =
Linux-audio-user mailing list