Re: [LAU] Audiophile 24/96 volume weirdness

From: Q <lists@...>
To: <len@...>
Cc: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 11:38 am

On 16/02/13 18:56, Len Ovens wrote:

[snip]

I tried completely removing/re-installing all alsa packages in Synaptic
and that had no effect.

modprobe -r snd-FOO doesn't work for any of the snd modules -- they all
seem to be interdependent and all say "FATAL: module snd-FOO is in use"

Doing modprobe snd-ice1712 model=audiophile seemed to work, but it had
no effect.

I tried running the SPDIF out into an M-Audio Fast Track Pro into which
I plugged headphones. I assume this should have allowed me to hear the
output of the soundcard (again, no SPDIF indicator light on the Fast
Track) but there was nothing -- this would seem to support your idea
that there's a software problem with the SPDIF output from the Audiophile.

What else can I try?

Many thanks