Re: [LAU] Audiophile 24/96 volume weirdness

From: Q <lists@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Saturday, February 16, 2013 - 11:18 am

On 16/02/13 00:08, Chris Caudle wrote:

It's the DAC2 level on the Analog Volume tab that I've been wiggling to
sort it out.

On the PCM tab I have PCM 3 to 8 L/R ganged and muted. PCM 1 and 2 were
unganged and for PCM 1 the right hand fader was lowered and muted and
for PCM 2 the left hand fader was lowered and muted -- otherwise I end
up with hugely overdriven mono.

>> I have a permanent /home and my OS on a separate partition -- could this

I have none of those.

Thinking further on it, I wonder whether this is further complicated by
having installed both Ubuntu Studio 12.04 last year and 12.10 this week
without a /home, then post-install editing fstab to point it to my RAID
as /home. I do this because the installer can't handle RAIDs. I wonder
whether it's put the config files somewhere else because of this scenario.

I think the right-channel volume thing started around the same time that
I lost all SPDIF output from the 24/96, which is really annoying. I
swapped the cables over and that made no difference (and it didn't
affect input to the card, i.e. both cables are fine), neither did
swapping the card for another.

In the end I put it down to the DAC in my Focusrite TwinTrak having died
(although I haven't investigated this further) and have had to put up
with analogue out of the 24/96 ever since. If this also turned out to be
a software issue and could be fixed I'd be overjoyed.

Thanks