In the past year STEIM has hosted both SuperCollider and Max/MSP
meetups. This year, we have decided to open up the concept to include
a larger variety of programming languages that are used to create our
Why this choice?
Because creativity in code isn't bounded to any specific dialect. By
sharing our though processes among the many varieties of coding for
sound we will end up learning so much more!
What will the lab be?
- a place for creative music coders to show their work in progress
- a place to ask questions, discuss concepts with fellow
- an informal stage to livecode and jam with others
- an opportunity to start new collaborations
- a possibility to learn about other obscure programming languages to
- a forum to discuss interactions between programming environments
--- but most of all, it will be what you, the attendees make it to be!
We're looking forward to see all these Chuck'ists, SuperCollider'ists,
Max patchers, PureData patchers, Overtoners, Fluxa'ers, CSound'ers,
Extempore'als, Impromptu'ers, and all of you coding in other tongues!
When: Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 7:00 pm (and then monthly)
Where: STEIM Concert Space, Utrechtsedwarsstraat 134, Amsterdam
Attendance is free, there will be free coffee and tea available.
Do let us know if you plan to come (mail me off-list), so we have a
rough idea who to expect.
PS, please spread the word too!
Linux-audio-user mailing list