[LAU]

From: <jonetsu@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Subject: [LAU]
Date: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 11:49 pm

Hello all,

I now see that I was spoiled by using Fedora and CCRMA. Everything
worked. jackd (qjackctl) Ardour, playing any audio file (with vlc for
instance). I have now switched to Linux Mint (KDE version, 64-bit,
Nadia) and nothing works.

I get the 1010LT card using lspci:

05:01.0 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies Inc. ICE1712
[Envy24] PCI Multi-Channel I/O Controller (rev 02)

So that's a good sign.

But then I start mudita24 and everything single vu meter is flanked
with the '(off)' mention. When I play an audio file using vlc, no
vu-meter is moving. What's wrong ? I'm not even comtemplating using
jack and Ardour at this point, just getting basic sound working.

/usr/bin/pulseaudio is running. Is this the culprit ?

Thanks for any advice and suggestion, it's greatly appreciated !