Re: [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

To: linux-audio-user <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 8:01 am

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Ralf Mardorf
To: linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org
Subject: Re: [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 22:21:37 +0100

On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 14:26 -0500, drew Roberts wrote:

If people like a band, they will find a way to give them money, so that
this band can record more songs for the fans. Real musicians have fans
that like to pay for the music. Piracy only is an issue for the most
worse and hyped music from the top 40, since it's an artificial
situation, no fan expect that one of those day flies will stay for very
long, soon or later there will be the next fashion. I won't imagine what
will come next, after this loudness and auto-tune fashion. Without heavy
rotation nobody would like the crap they call music.

I for sure had nearly all Beatles recordings as illegal copies on tapes,
but I also bought all of this recordings, without expecting that the
Beatles ever will record a new song.

I never owned music from The Black Eyed Peas as illegal copy or bought
recording. They sell an entertainment product, that has less to do with
an intellectual property. It's based on an exhausted fashion.

The current copyright is a dying concept, because it's completely
outdated, it's from another time. Major record labels, computer
companies search for new ways to rip off customers by getting as much
monopolies as possible. The idea of the outdated copyright was not to
protect monopolies. Monopolies aren't allowed.

The artist from the neighborhood still has some advantages by IP laws,
but the complete package of laws is a pack of disadvantages and only
good for a few big moneymakers.

Unfortunately most humans can't share, most humans need enemy images
etc..

All the 80s European DIY movement Punks, such as Crass didn't become
rich, but they still are able to live. There's no need to be rich.

I feel bad for people who are unable to walk in shoes with wholes in the
sole. There's nothing bad with having money, but it's no problem to live
with less money.

I've got the impression this discussion about IP, copyright is about
money, money, money. What's about freedom, sharing knowledge etc.?