Re: [LAU] Some new Bach

To: linux-audio-user <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 10:21 am

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Ralf Mardorf
To: linux-audio-user
Subject: Re: [LAU] Some new Bach
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 02:42:23 +0100

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Ralf Mardorf
To: linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 23:32:17 +0100

On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 23:14 +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:

:p

When I was young I bought a Peavy KB-300, an odd amp, I don't use it
anymore, but I borrow it a friend, so it's still in use. When I bought
the amp, the dealer had a cheap second-hand (I'm old, but not that old)
ARP Odyssey, but I wasn't aware that it would have been a better choice
to buy the synth instead and in addition another amp, e.g. a Roland
Cube.

"Gear nerd" is swearing ;). It's simply that those synth do sound
amazing, when you play them. On recordings the difference between those
monsters and virtual synth often isn't that big, but when playing live,
comparing a real synth and some virtual synth is hardcore. To mix a song
it's always easier to use a mix of a few monster synth and some less
good synth or virtual synth, than using only monsters or only crappy
sound generators.

Can't listen to it now. I'm already interested to hear Dave's
"restoration" ASAP.