Re: [LAU] Any Linux AT that can handle this?

From: Q <lists@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 - 7:54 pm

On 04/12/13 17:47, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:

Actually, on point one, I think everything after "never ever" is
redundant :-)

Why is it that when someone says "you have been warned" and you know
you're going to hate something, you still go ahead anyway?

What struck me was that neither of them have what I'd consider pleasant
or interesting voices. I don't mind a bit of AT when it's used to
salvage an otherwise good performance that's spoilt by one or two fluffs
for someone with a good voice who doesn't have to rely on it.

But with these two -- aside the fact that Price's performance is
possibly almost beyond saving -- it's not worth the effort of saving
from an aesthetic standpoint as far as I'm concerned.

Perhaps the only saving grace about her singing was that it was so bad
it distracted my attention from the lyrics and the piece in general.
Some compliment ;-)

I'm also very grateful for Zita-at1. It really helped a mix recently
where I had to use it on flute of all things. There were a few notes at
the end of phrases (i.e. I was very out of breath) where the tuning
sagged (and intonation generally was never my strong point). It wasn't
much, but the correction made a big difference.

I wouldn't hesitate to use industrial levels of it on my own voice if I
ever decided to unleash it on an unsuspecting public, but I've managed
to resist that temptation so far. That's what's lacking in people like
Price, restraint! Talking of restraint reminds me of a saying that is
particularly apt here: silence is golden, but duct tape is silver :-D