Re: [LAU] New song for upcoming little project

Previous message: [thread] [date] [author]
Next message: [thread] [date] [author]
To: Atte <atte@...>
Cc: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 9:42 pm

--f46d0447f2a813460504d40fae44
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Hey!
Thank you all so much for the feedback! Really appreciate it.

I agree about the drums generally, I think it's an effect of recently
getting the new linuxdsp fairchild plugin, and just going mad with it for
the sake of it! =)
The strings however are "pumping" for a reason, like Atte's talking about;
sidechain compression. I understand that that might be a blasphemy to many
people, and I wasn't really sure about putting it in there, and I'm still
not sure what I think, but atleast it's no accident. It's there on purpose
=)

Atte: I see your point with the high end. I'll look over the mix again once
I've given it some rest. Thanks!

Thanks again all for your feedback!

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Atte wrote:

> On 01/23/2013 11:01 PM, Gabbe Nord wrote:

--f46d0447f2a813460504d40fae44
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hey! Thank you all so much for the feedback! Really appreciate it.<=
br>I agree about the drums generally, I think it's an effect of recentl=
y getting the new linuxdsp fairchild plugin, and just going mad with it for=
the sake of it! =3D)
The strings however are "pumping" for a reason, like Atte's t=
alking about; sidechain compression. I understand that that might be a blas=
phemy to many people, and I wasn't really sure about putting it in ther=
e, and I'm still not sure what I think, but atleast it's no acciden=
t. It's there on purpose =3D)
Atte: I see your point with the high end. I'll look over the mix ag=
ain once I've given it some rest. Thanks!Thanks again all for y=
our feedback!On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 11:=
15 AM, Atte <atte@youmail.dk> wrote:
On 01/23/2013 11:01 PM, Gabbe Nord wrote:

https://=
soundcloud.com/zthmusic/open

Nice track.

I like the sidechain compression on the strings. But I does agree with Juli=
en that the kick (or maybe all drums) doesn't really blend in. Maybe ju=
st a few db down for the entire kit or some huge reverb for a more symphoni=
c sound...

Generally I miss some high shizzle in the track. The highhat could be a can=
didate, when the drums are out theres not much activity above 5khz. I tried=
a 6db boost from 5khz up, brutal I know, but it does =A0makes the track op=
en up...

--
Atte

http://atte.dk =A0 http://modlys.dk
_______________________________________________
Linux-audio-user mailing list
=
Linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org

http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user

--f46d0447f2a813460504d40fae44--

Previous message: [thread] [date] [author]
Next message: [thread] [date] [author]

Messages in current thread:
[LAU] New song for upcoming little project, Gabbe Nord, (Wed Jan 23, 10:02 pm)
Re: [LAU] New song for upcoming little project, Gabbe Nord, (Thu Jan 24, 9:42 pm)
Re: [LAU] New song for upcoming little project, Julien Claassen, (Wed Jan 23, 10:30 pm)
Re: [LAU] New song for upcoming little project, Len Ovens, (Thu Jan 24, 4:06 am)