There are some glitches in the current ALSA (1.0.25) implementation
of UAC2, at least when used with the 1818VSL. It does mostly work (in
UAC2 mode, too). What I have noticed, aside from the click, is this:
- The sample clock selector doesn't work by default. I made a patch
that addresses this:
- The mixer control names are all prefixed with "AudioBox 1818 VSL
Clock Selector" (which is the name of the first control)
- Note that there are two mutes in the mixer-- one per-channel and one
master mute. The same is true of input muting. If you're not hearing
anything, check this first.
- Don't turn it off when an audio stream is processing or it'll risk a
kernel panic. Or, at least, that has been my experience.
- There appears to be a general compatibility issue with i7 and the
PreSonus (cross-platform; it'll happen on Windows too). I believe this
is a known bug that is being addressed. This manifests as a subtle
click once a minute or so, from the machine I tried it on.
Lemme know how it works out for you!
On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Robin Gareus wrote: