Re: [LAU] Sound Devices USBPre2, UAC2 status

From: <shal@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Friday, January 11, 2013 - 3:42 pm

----- Mail original -----

Hi Hans,

So , effectively you are limited to 48000.
I supposed that the linux kernel chooses this first valid configuration descriptor.

This behavior can be modified in the kernel with adding a quirk in the code.
If my usbPre2 has the good device descripton, I can devlop and test this patch.
But my devices does not offer the UAC2 configuration descriptor.

I have write a post on the Sound Devices Forum. Perhaps I will have help to understand why my device has this strange behavior and correct it.

In this case, I think I can patch the kernel to have the UAC2 mode...

Olivier