Re: [LAU] using linux to manage your gigs?

To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 1:53 pm

--20cf3074b3ec56df1a04bfeb49b1

Hi Josh,

Message: 5

I am kind of in the same problem. Having a folder full of .txt, .pdf, or
tiff, or .png files all holding chord structures, sheet music etc.. Stuff
for one band, stuff for another band, stuff for lessons etc..
Organizing with sub folders for genre or type is simply not enough.
I am playing around with Tellico a generic collection manager with some
templates for all kinds of collections (stamps, coins, files, etc..). It's
fairly easy to make your own collection with fields for, for example, key,
genre, type etc..
It allows for having (file) URL's so when you have found what you need in
the catalog you can open the file directly.

Tellico is in the Ubuntu repositories.

Hope this helps.

Frits van der Holst

Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 15:16:11 -0500
From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@=
gmail.com

Subject: [LAU] using linux to manage your gigs?
To: Linux-audio-us=
er@lists.linuxaudio.org

hi list,

this is one of my busiest times of the year for gigging; I'm usually pl=
aying at least once a week, and sometimes multiple times a week. =A0there a=
re a couple of things I'm frustrated about:

* my song lists are all on paper. =A0they have no information about the son=
g at all. =A0it would be nice to be able to sort by key, genre (rock, pop, =
r&b, motown, etc.). =A0it would be nice if calling up the song called u=
p the chord chart, which brings me to my next point?

* I looked through many presentation softwares, chord chart management, etc=
. =A0they all seem focused on the church crowd. =A0I need something *simple=
*. =A0I choose a song, and the chart that I have available for it (either t=
ext or pdf or whatever) is displayed in a split window.

ok, that's what I want, and no one gets what they want. =A0:) =A0so, I&=
#39;m open to any and all ideas. =A0what do you use? =A0do you manage your =
set lists with linux? =A0chord charts? =A0I tried the whole "thinking =
outside the box" and looked for maybe some file management software, b=
ut I got overwhelmed quickly. =A0any and all ideas are welcome.