[LAU] Issue with the priority of the sound cards using rtirq

To: ubuntu-studio-users <ubuntu-studio-users@...>
Cc: linux-audio-user <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 - 2:53 pm

Hi :)

since I've got a strange issue with rtirq on US Precise only. Is there
anybody having a strange output for
/etc/init.d/rtirq status
too? I remember that there was a post, when US Precise wasn't released.

Regards,
Ralf

PS:
You might take a look at
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2012-May/date.htm...
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2012-April/date.h...

Message: 17
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 13:17:39 +0200
From: Jeremy Jongepier
Subject: Re: [LAU] Issue with the priority of the sound cards using
rtirq
To: linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org

On 05/01/12 12:09, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

Ah bummer :(

>> > In my experience, restarting the script tries to raise the
priorities

So the output of /etc/init.d/rtirq status is the same as in the other
mail? That's really weird. The only thing I can think of is that
something else (another script?) is prioritizing stuff too (like the
nvidia and ohci_hcd processes). The steps between the priorities
strengthens my suspicion, it should be 5 but some processes do not get
prio that can be divided by 5 (like nvidia which has prio 82). No one
on
the Ubuntu Studio list encountered the same issue? Maybe Ubuntu (or
Ubuntu Studio) prioritizes processes somewhere else.

Best,

Jeremy