Re: [LAU] [Music] Piano piece

From: Q <lists@...>
To: linux-audio-user <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 7:49 pm

Hi Gerald

Thanks for listening and commenting and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Personally, I wouldn't call it masterfully played because the
microdynamics were not to my liking as I'm not a good enough player to
have adequate control over them. However, the gross dynamics are to my
liking and achieve what I set out to achieve. It's probably just a
slightly poor choice of words, but I'd take issue with equating loudness
with being expressive, or lower volumes as lacking expressiveness.

Although, to be fair, I'm guessing at the vague area that you're
referring to, because it wasn't clear -- a time index would have been
more useful.

Thanks again.

Cheers