Re: [LAU] [Music] Piano piece

From: Q <lists@...>
To: linux-audio-user <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 9:30 pm

Hi Julien

I see what you mean, and it would be an elegant way of overcoming my
handedness, having a separate keyboard routed with a bit of velocity
compression on the one for the right hand.

Alas, I do have two midi controller keyboards and whilst one is an
88-key, semi-weighted affair, the other is a synth-action keyboard which
now seems to have a few dodgy keys. Intermittent keys aside, a synth
action is no good for playing piano on, there just isn't the feedback
and it goes from nearly right to the top velocity layer with barely a
difference in touch, but that probably says more about my skills than
anything else.

Thanks again