Re: [LAU] Audio distro for a Macbook pro

To: chris kennedy <cobberdig@...>
Cc: linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 7:20 am

--e89a8f3baf03fbd50b04cd55bb8a

I once tried to dual boot Ubuntustudio on a MBP, I wasn't blown away lets
say. Also every generation of Macs has different hardware specs and I found
it pretty difficult to find out specific chipset vendors (before buying),
in my case the Firewire chipset.
That said I didn't really put a lot of work into getting it to a stable
status. As for now I just stick with Mixbus on OSX for my mobile rig.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:19 PM, chris kennedy wrote:

--e89a8f3baf03fbd50b04cd55bb8a

I once tried to dual boot Ubuntustudio on a MBP, I wasn&#3=
9;t blown away lets say. Also every generation of Macs has different hardwa=
re specs and I found it pretty difficult to find out specific chipset vendo=
rs (before buying), in my case the Firewire chipset.
That said I didn't really put a lot of work into getting it to a stable=
status. As for now I just stick with Mixbus on OSX for my mobile rig. =
On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:19 PM, chris kenn=
edy <cobberdig@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
She could also run a dual boot with OSX and Debian see http://wiki.debian.org/MacBook#Double_boot_-_Mac_OS_X_.26_Debian=A0=
=A0=A0
You&#=
39;d want to recompile a stock kernel on debian to make realtime or lowlate=
ncy or you could simply download one as a .deb file.

From: Paul Davis
<paul@l=
inuxaudiosystems.com