Re: [LAU] Please help me with Timidity

To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Saturday, September 3, 2011 - 4:19 am

On 03/09/11 05:32, Fernando Araujo Martiniano wrote:

> But what really seems to be missing is a way to enable/disable
> attack, brightness, decay and release. These features are

searching the timidity man page for ...

"decay" gets me:
-m msec, --decay-time=msec
Modify envelope volume decay time. msec is the minimum number
of milliseconds to sustain a sustained note.

-m0 Disable sustain ramping, causes constant volume sustains
(default).

-m1 Effectively behaves as if all sustains are ignored, vol‐
ume ramping is the same as normal stage 3.

-m3000 A note at full volume will decay for 3 seconds once it
begins to be sustained (assuming the regular stage 3 rate
would not cause it to decay even longer). Softer notes
will of course die sooner.

"release":
-R msec
Enables Pseudo Reverb Mode. It sets every instrument's release
to msec ms. If msec is 0, msec is set to 800 (default).

and;
-f, --[no-]fast-decay
Toggles fast envelopes. This option makes TiMidity++ faster but
the release time of the notes are shortened.

"effects":
F args For effects. See below. In args option, you can specify
following effect options:

delay=(d|l|r|b)[,msec], --delay=(d|l|r|b)[,msec]
Sets delay type.

d, 0 Disabled delay effect.

l, 1 Left delay.

r, 2 Right delay.

b, 3 Swap left & right.

Optional msec is the delay time.

chorus=(d|n|s)[,level], --chorus=(d|n|s)[,level]

d, 0 Disable this effect.

n, 1 Enable MIDI chorus effect control.

s, 2 Surround sound, chorus detuned to a lesser
degree (default).

The optional parameter level specifies the chorus
level 0 to 127.

reverb=(d|n|g|f|G)[,level], --reverb=(d|n|g|f|G)[,level]

d, 0 Disable MIDI reverb effect control.

n, 1 Enable MIDI reverb effect control. This
effect is only available in stereo.

g, 2 Global reverb effect.

f, 3 Freeverb MIDI reverb effect control
(default).

G, 4 Global freeverb effect.

The optional parameter level specifies the reverb
level 0 to 127.

vlpf=(d|c|m), --voice-lpf=(d|c|m)

d, 0 Disable LPF effect.

c, 1 Chamberlin resonant LPF (12dB/oct)
(default).

m, 2 Moog resonant low-pass VCF (24dB/oct)

ns=n, --noise-shaping=n
Enable the n th degree noiseshaping filter. The
distortion at decay stage is improved, but the
noise on human auditory feeling increases because
it shifts to a high frequency. In case of 8-bit
linear encoding, valid values of n are in the
interval from 0 (min) to 4 (max). Default value
is 4. In case of 16-bit linear encoding, valid
values of n are in the interval from 0 to 4.
According to the value, it works as following.
Default value is 4.

0 No noise shaping.

1 Traditional noise shaping.

2 Overdrive-like soft-clipping + new noise
shaping.

3 Tube-amplifier-like soft-clipping + new
noise shaping.

4 New noise shaping.

"envelope":
e/E, --[no-]mod-envelope
Enable/disable modulation envelope controlling.

it is quite a big page, so there is probably more there.

Simon