Re: [LAU] An appeal to famous artists?

From: <jeremy@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 - 8:18 pm

> 2011/8/2 rosea grammostola :

Yes it is. Over here we have labels like Beep Beep Back Up The Truck
(http://www.beepbeep.nl/), one of their bands, The Black Atlantic, is doing very
well. They get airtime on national radio and have even appeared several times on
a show called 'De Wereld Draait Door' (The world turns around and goes berserk)
which has normally about 1 million viewers (which is a lot for a Dutch talk
show). Well, what does this have to do with CC? Check their FAQ:
http://www.beepbeep.nl/contact-faq/ Their whole catalogue is CC licensed.

> Listening to the (german) radio I get the feeling, every Cent I'm

Internet radio, going to a good recordstore every now and then, review sites,
blogs and doing some research yourself. With the latter I mean things like
checking which label a band is on, if there are more nice bands on that label,
if the band has any side projects or members active in other bands etc. Even
checking out what happened in a certain city around a certain time can yield
very satisfactory results. And genres can be helpful too. Even certain studios
or producers are worth keeping an eye on.

> --

Best,

Jeremy