JACK Session versioning is quite simply the most interesting new feature
for this release. It's optional but enabled by default. One can just
turn it off and keep the bad old take-no-prisoners behavior :)
Never is too late,
QjackCtl 0.3.8 has been released!
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 11.4):
- binary packages (openSUSE 11.4):
Weblog (upstream support):
QjackCtl is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms
of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- Debugging stacktrace now applies to all working threads.
- Session "Save" button now a drop-down menu, replacing the session save
type combo-box/drop-down list selection. Also, an early session
directory versioning/numbering scheme is now in place, although optional.
- Probable fix to debian bug report #624198 - segfault when pressing the
stop button (by Grant Adrian Diffey, after a patch from Adrian Knoth,
- Desktop environment session shutdown (eg. logout) is now tapped for
graceful application exit, even though the main window is active
(visible) and minimizing to system tray is enabled. Both were causing
first shutdown/logout attempt to abort. Not anymore, hopefully ;).
- Make sure all activated patchbay definition files are in their
complete and absolute directory path forms.
- Connections refresh button now does an immediate and true
reconstruction of all clients and their respective ports and
- Command line server start option (-s, --start) is now made independent
from configuration setup option (cf. Setup/Misc /Start JACK audio server
on application startup).
- Now handling cable socket types properly to let patchbay definitions
work correctly, whenever having sockets with the very same literal name
(twisted from patch #3183467, by Karsten, thanks;).
- Abrupt focus behavior when any of the keyboard modifiers (Shift, Ctrl,
Alt, Caps Lock) is hit while on Connections client/port aliases editing
(rename) has been fixed.
- Russian (ru) translation updated (by Alexandre Prokoudine).
- Added include "errno.h" alegedly missing for BSD style systems
(applying patch for bug #3126091).
Cheers && Enjoy
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
Linux-audio-user mailing list