Re: [LAU] A3 video prev: syncing partially out of sync video and audio in existing files

From: <pshirkey@...>
To: Philipp <hollunder@...>
Cc: linux-audio-user <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 4:53 am

> Excerpts from Robin Gareus's message of 2011-06-10 23:13:23 +0200:

It's a very powerful solution that Robin has provided. Everyone who works
with audio/video should be using it as a standard tool.

> Today I've seen that in the area of video GUI

I am surprised to hear that after two years things have not changed
significantly in the major ditros.

Seems to me that there are a few things happening in this regard,

1: No one is being paid to specifically package multimedia production apps
for the major distros and keep on top of things.
2: The people who are being paid are purposefully screwing things up.
3: The people who are being paid are incompetent and should be fired.

I can't see any other reasons for the major distros not to have a fully
working and well integrated multimedia productions suite by now. After all
the tools are being used in one way or another by all the major motion
picture houses these days and a lot of the development is being driven by
industry requirements.

IMO, there is definitely something fishy going on.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd