Re: [LAU] OT - syncing partially out of sync video and audio in existing files

From: <pshirkey@...>
To: Philipp <hollunder@...>
Cc: linux-audio-user <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Friday, June 10, 2011 - 8:00 pm

> Excerpts from Ralf Mardorf's message of 2011-06-10 19:24:54 +0200:

I went through this a couple of years back with pretty much the same
result. The general consensus round here was that it is not possible to
shrink a video to fit with an audio track. Instead you should stretch the
audio track to fit the video.

I ended up using Blender to edit the video into chunks and align chunks of
audio to fit as best as possible.

I don't understand why it is not possible to resize a video track. It
seems to me that dropping video frames is significantly easier
programatically than time stretching audio.