Re: [LAU] LinuxSampler problem (notes disappearing)

From: Q <lists@...>
To: linux-audio-user <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 6:01 pm

Christopher Cherrett wrote:

> What piano are you playing with, what is your system spec?

I've had the same problem as Julien and his friend, with the same
version (1.0.0.cvs10) -- it's not a system spec problem: I have a Phenom
9550 Quad-core with 4 GB RAM.

The Sampletekk Black Grand pianos are large, but in the past I've had
two loaded at once without problems on lower spec machines. It's only in
the last few months I've encountered this problem.

It'll be fine for a while, then all of a sudden you notice that some
notes you play just never sound whilst others are just fine or continue
fine. I first encountered it with a harp which is pretty lightweight,
but there were lots of notes in quick succession (this was midi
programming rather than live playing, but I've had it with live playing
of pianos as well). I have LS set for 256 voices and 120 disk streams,
which I would have thought was enough, I've managed fine with fewer in
the past.