Re: [LAU] newbie problems with FST

From: Q <lists@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 10:44 am

On 17/12/11 01:02, Csillag Kristof wrote:

[snip]

Hi Kristof

I'm afraid I can't help specifically as I haven't used FST in a long
time so basically no longer have any experience of it.

I regularly use GForce M-Tron Pro and Virtual String Machine, Native
Instruments B4II and Elektrik Piano. I've not used them for a while, but
I've used on occasions Akoustik Piano, Kore Player and GForce's Oddity.

I've found to be most successful Wine, Wine-asio and running the
standalone .exe versions.

For Oddity and B4II as an effect (running things through the Leslie sim)
though, I've always used as a .dll within the Cantabile Lite VST host
and that's worked well on the whole.

Maybe the Wine route might be worth investigating.

Best wishes