Re: [LAU] Reinstalling Ubuntu - Which version ?

From: jy <jypllx@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Monday, November 14, 2011 - 7:18 pm

--001636ed65c02ab2ea04b1b6bbff

thanks a lot for all the recommendations !!!!
now I need to read all the reviews and test each one of these distros,
this'll take quite some time I believe :)

cheers
jy

2011/11/14 Tony Austin

> Since I use xmonad as my window manager and only fire up e.g. nautilus

--001636ed65c02ab2ea04b1b6bbff

thanks a lot for all the recommendations !!!!now I need to read all the=
reviews and test each one of these distros, this'll take quite some ti=
me I believe :)cheersjy2011/=
11/14 Tony Austin <gigaday@googlemail.com>

Since I use xmonad as my window manager and only fire up e.g. nautilus
when i need it the gnome3 thing doesn't really matter to me and ubuntu<=
br>
stays perfectly usable? Isn't it possible to install a real gnome2 on
ubuntu, too?

flo
There Is a Linux Mint extension to Gnome 3 Shell that should work=
in Ubuntu 11.10 and restore Gnome 2.x functionality:http://www.webupd8.org/2011/11/try-new-mint-gnome-shell-extens=
ions.html

Tony

--001636ed65c02ab2ea04b1b6bbff--