after a day of intense work and testing, I present you a corrected
version of IR. Version 1.1 contains these important fixes:
* really use the user's homedir for storing the .ir_save file
* proper GType and GThread initialization, at the proper place
(loading of the plugin shared library)
* fix ir.ttl: add missing namespace prefix "rdf"
* fix usage of zita-convolver (proper stopping and deallocating of
Convproc instances). Thank you Fons for checking out my code and
* fix crash when removing a never-unbypassed plugin instance
There are two known issues with IR 1.1:
* When a plugin instance is created bypassed in Ardour (for example
when copy&pasting from another IR instance), you have to un-bypass the
new instance to be able to configure it.
* Removing a plugin instance from Ardour while the plugin is in the
middle of a lengthy resampling operation (waveform display reads
"Loading" or "Calculating") will crash. It is easy to avoid this;
please do so. A fix for this is planned in a future version of IR.
Regarding LV2 hosts other than Ardour: the second in the above list of
fixes should help, however please be aware that IR is at the moment
really not usable without its own GTK UI. In future versions I may
manage to switch to using an external-process LV2 UI which would
result in the plugin UI being completely host toolkit agnostic.
Please, by all means upgrade to this new version. It is downloadable
from the same location as before: http://factorial.hu/plugins/lv2/ir
I would like to thank everyone for the overwhelming feedback, both on-
Linux-audio-user mailing list