Re: [LAU] Subject: Albums under a label recorded and/or mixed with Linux

From: <fons@...>
To: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@...>
Cc: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 12:44 pm

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 06:44:09PM -0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> On Tue, September 28, 2010 8:22 am, fons@kokkinizita.net wrote:

Thas nothing to do with optimisation. The algorithm is wrong. It does
not do what you think it does and what the designers probably intended
it to do. The correct one is not much different, but differs in some
essential points.

> Don't you mean an optimised implementation of the filter?

No. I mean a correct implementation.

> > My concerns are not about the optimisation. For there isn't any. I repeat:

The fact that this *can* be done does not imply it *has* been done
correctly in this case.

> If there is a problem it is not due to the fundamental nature of the

I'd suggest you stop calling this a linear filter for it isn't.

> But I will query your analysis first because it may be that we are talking

No. Although a correct implementation would indeed use less CPU.

> This is definitely something that should be addressed if it indeed turns

Then let them speak up. I've posted the technical arguments before and
nor you nor any of your experts has so far commented on them. And as to
my level of experience, I don't think you have any correct idea of that.

I've a nice collection of measurement results for Jamin, maybe I'll
publish a few of them and then your experts can try to explain them.

FA

There are three of them, and Alleline.