[LAU] Re : Announcing: TalentedHack Version 1.81

To: <linux-audio-user@...>, Jeremy <jeremybubs@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 9:58 am

--0-474449858-1280311112=:10578

Hi Jeremy,
very nice. In my case it was necessary to add a "mkdir dependencies" in the=
Makefile. It might be nice to use LV2_PATH (/usr/lib/lv2) as install place=
as well to make it easier for us.=20
Seems to work fine here using lv2rack :)

Thanks and best regards
Frank

--- En date de=A0: Mer 28.7.10, Jeremy a =E9crit=A0:

De: Jeremy
Objet: [LAU] Announcing: TalentedHack Version 1.81
=C0: linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org
Date: Mercredi 28 juillet 2010, 11h14

TalentedHack version 1.81 is released.
It is an LV2 pitch correction plugin which is based off of Autotalent and h=
as additional features and improvements. =A0It was previously mentioned on =
the developers list under the name "AutotalentLV2", but has been renamed an=
d fully forked.=0A=0A
See=A0http://code.google.com/p/talentledhack/=A0for downloads and documenta=
tion.
The major differences between TalentedHack and Autotalent are:=0A=0AIt is a=
n LV2 plugin instead of an LADSPA pluginIt provides MIDI output of the pitc=
h=0A=0AIt accepts MIDI inputIt separates the pull to semitone and snap to s=
cale functionalityIt uses FFTW for the DFT routines, greatly improving perf=
ormance.Minor performance tweaks (substituting memcpy for loops, etc)=0A=0A=
Slightly more accurate pitch detection (Uses MPM method instead of straight=
autocorrelation)It is greatly refactored (broken into methods and structur=
es, variables renamed)The formant corrector causes artifacts not present in=
the original (I'm not sure how to fix, as it's the only part of the origin=
al I don't understand)=0A=0AWith these features, TalentedHack should give y=
ou more fine grained and powerful control over pitch correction.
Although TalentedHack is=A0separate=A0from Autotalent, I will still attempt=
to=A0incorporate=A0any changes made to Autotalent into TalentedHack.=0A=0A
For those who are experienced with LV2 plugins, it should be easy to get it=
to work. =A0If you are having difficulties installing it, post your proble=
ms, and I can probably help. =A0As TalentedHack is new software, the issue =
might not be your fault, but mine.=0A=0A
Jeremy Salwen =0A
-----La pi=E8ce jointe associ=E9e suit-----

=0A=0A=0A
--0-474449858-1280311112=:10578

Hi Jeremy,very nice. In my case it was ne=
cessary to add a "mkdir dependencies" in the Makefile. It might be nice to =
use LV2_PATH (/usr/lib/lv2) as install place as well to make it easier for =
us. Seems to work fine here using lv2rack :)Thanks and best reg=
ardsFrank--- En date de : Mer 28.7.10, Jeremy &l=
t;jeremybubs@gmail.com> a =E9crit :De: Jeremy <jeremybubs@gmail.com>Objet: [LAU] Announcing=
: TalentedHack Version 1.81=C0: linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.orgDate: Mercredi 28 juillet 2010, 11h14TalentedHack version 1.81 is released.It is an =
LV2 pitch correction plugin which is based off of Autotalent and has additi=
onal
features and improvements.  It was previously mentioned on the develo=
pers list under the name "AutotalentLV2", but has been renamed and fully fo=
rked.=0A=0ASee http://code.googl=
e.com/p/talentledhack/
 for downloads and documentation.=
The major differences between TalentedHack and Autotalent ar=
e:=0A=0A

  • It is an LV2 plugin instead of an LADSPA plugin<=
    /li>
[...]

tedHack is separate from Autotalent, I will still attempt to&nbsp=
;incorporate any changes made to Autotalent into TalentedHack.=
=0A=0AFor those who are experienced with LV2 plugins, i=
t should be easy to get it to work.  If you are having difficulties in=
stalling it, post your problems, and I can probably help.  As Talented=
Hack is new software, the issue might not be your fault, but mine.=0A=
=0AJeremy Salwen =0A-----L=
a pi=E8ce jointe associ=E9e suit-----_____=
audio-user
=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A =