On Wednesday 30 June 2010 12:18:12 Dave Phillips wrote:
Who does? But it is better to state his/their position accurately and then
Isn't that the truth. I wonder if we need to start putting expiration dates on
> My major
If that was all, it would be bad enough, but it gets worse.
1. Civil cases do not require proof beyond a reasonable doubt that you
are "guilty" like criminal cases do.
2. No need to prove damages. You may actually be helped by the person's
3. Statutory damages are not in line with sense. They seem to me to be
designed to inspire fear instead.
4. 1 to 3 is not enough, we need criminal penalties now for "sharing" level
copying between friends.
5. Automatic copyright even if the creator does not want that protection.
I have probably forgotten something as well.
> I won't say that it guts the whole notion of the public domain, but it
all the best,
Linux-audio-user mailing list