Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Regarding the just-released "Qtractor 0.4.6 (funky deviless)": In case
anybody wants it, I modified the SUSE RPM spec file from
Into a Fedora12 Spec file and built RPMs for x86_64 architecture
what i use). Feel free to use these until Fedora or CCRMA repos are updated:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 721437 2010-05-21 17:39
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5921972 2010-05-21 17:37
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 829528 2010-05-21 17:37
The RPM spec file differences are trivial
gnulem-136-.../rpmbuild/SPECS> diff qtractor-0.4.6-4.rncbc.suse112.i586.spec
< %define release 4.rncbc.suse112
> %define release 4.npm.fc12
< Release: 4.rncbc.suse112
> Release: 4.npm.fc12
< Packager: rncbc.org
> Packager: NielsMayer.com
< BuildRequires: libqt4-devel >= 4.1
< BuildRequires: libjack-devel >= 0.100.0
< BuildRequires: alsa-devel
> BuildRequires: qt-devel >= 4.1
> BuildRequires: jack-audio-connection-kit-devel >= 0.100.0
> BuildRequires: alsa-lib-devel
< BuildRequires: librubberband-devel >= 1.0.1
> BuildRequires: rubberband-devel >= 1.0.1
On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Regarding the just-released "Qtractor 0.4.6 (funky deviless)":=C2=
=A0In case anybody wants it, I modified the SUSE RPM =C2=A0spec file from =
0.4.6-4.rncbc.suse112.src.rpm =C2=A0Into a Fedora12 Spec file and built=
RPMs for x86_64 architecture (which is what i use). Feel free to use these=
until Fedora or CCRMA repos are updated:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root =C2=A0 =C2=A0721437 2010-05-21 1=
7:39=C2=A0http://nielsmayer.com/qtractor-0.4.6-4.npm.fc12.src.rpm-rw-r--r-- 1 root root =C2=A0 5921972 2010-05-21 17:37
.rpm-rw-r--r-- 1 root root =C2=A0 =C2=A0829528 2010-05-21 17=
The RPM spec file differences are trivial http://nielsmayer.com/q=
gnulem-136-.../rpmbuild/SPECS> diff qtractor-0.4.6-4.rncbc.suse112.i586.=
< %define release 4.rncbc.suse112
So much to tell, even more to do... then one could hardly shake, this
long overdue. Lousy rhymes and no miserly times. And there it is: a
bug-fix release, I'll mean to ease.
Oh crap! Let's get it through once and for all.
With huge compliments to all who got the nerve and report as many too
much idiosyncrasies (nee bugs). Don't, never look back. There's ple=
more ahead, no matter where you look, or hear, whether is up or down hill :=
=C2=A0Qtractor 0.4.6 (funky deviless) is here!
- MIDI Editor draw mode (aka paint mode) (NEW)
- MIDI Swing-quantize (NEW)
- LV2 UI Instance & Data-access extension support (NEW)
- JACK Session support (EXPERIMENTAL) (NEW)
- LV2 Save/Restore extension support (NEW)
- MIDI Editor event list in-line editing (NEW)
- MIDI Clip time-stretching (FIX)
- MIDI Clip editor file salvage quietness (NEW)
- MIDI Control bus switching crash (FIX)
- MIDI Bank-selection backout (FIX)
- Initial widget geometry extents (FIX)
- Input-only bus playback crash (FIX)
- Bus connection persistence crash (FIX)
- Drag-and-drop cloning plugins (FIX)
- MIDI Editor floating-selection persistence (NEW)
- Audio inserts garbage signal (FIX)
A bit more or not so detailed change-log is found below.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 11.2):
- binary packages (openSUSE 11.2):
- binary packages (Ubuntu 10.04):
- user manual (outrageously outdated):
Weblog (upstream support):
License (no kiddin'):
=C2=A0Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms =
the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- Introducing a non-painting edit sub-mode on the MIDI clip editor's
piano-roll (see Edit/Select Mode/Edit Draw menu).
- The MIDI clip editor (aka piano-roll) is now a lot more quiet about
saving its own dirty content, delegating all salvage questions to main
- Don't show session restart message box when changing JACK transport
mode option anymore.
- Dedicated MIDI control bus switching fixed. Was closing the wrong bus
eventually and crashing the whole show with it (fixes bug #2989590).
- MIDI bank/program backout has been corrected on MIDI track properties
dialog rejection (ie. user cancellation).
- MIDI bank select method has been corrected for tracks with no
instrument defined (probably fixing bug #2987071).
- LV2 UI Instance and Data Access extension support added; reduce LV2
external UI parameter value update flickering.
- JACK session infrastructure support. (EXPERIMENTAL)
- Initial widget geometry and visibility persistence logic has been
slightly revised as much to avoid crash failures due to wrong main
widget hidden state.
- Initial mixer widget extents are now set reasonably larger.
- General source tree layout and build configuration change.
- Ever since smooth-ramping introduction that having at least one
input-only buses were causing immediate playback crashes, now hopefully
- Refactored for common engine client nomenclature, primarily provided
by JACK, then secondarily passed to ALSA Sequencer, getting rid of the
JackUseExactName requirement and lifting the unique/single instance
restriction in the process.
- Current JACK Transport, MMC Device, and MIDI Song Position pointer
(SPP) control modes are now saved/loaded as part of session option
- MIDI clip editor's context menu crash on Qt >=3D 4.6 has been fixe=
(resolving bug #2972603).
- An ancient double-free corruption has been finally fixed at the
audio/MIDI bus connection persistence logic.
- Improved visibility of track state buttons text (R, M, S) when turned
on dark colored themes.
- LV2 Save/Restore extension support kicks off.
- MIDI engine read-ahead period has been shortened to half than it was
since inception--now it's a 500msec cycle.
- MIDI clip editor event list gets its due inline editing, for time,
note, value/velocity and duration columns, just one double-click away
over the target cell ;)
- Add-plugin selection dialog position and extent are now remembered
across invocations and application sessions (tipping by Frank Neumann).
- MIDI clip time-stretching is now made available through the same
gestures as audio ones, by just shift+dragging either of the clip edges.
- Drag-and-copying plug-in instances (cloning) is now fixed with regard
to parameter value replication.
- MIDI clip editor snap-per-beat setting is now independent from main
multi-track view; File/Save As... dialog fixed; the current event
selection is now kept floating as long as it's possible after editing
command actions; finally, edit mode has been extended to free-hand event
drawing, chalking off (piano roll) draw mode from the TODO list.
- Swing-quantize has finally made its overdue debut as an additional
MIDI clip editor tool (see Tools/Quantize...).
- Almost since its inception, audio inserts were injecting garbage
random noise when not being activated, now fixed.
- Dedicated audio output ports for MIDI track plugins, now have their
connection persistence back in business due on session load.
Cheers && Enjoy (what else?)
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
Linux-audio-user mailing list