Re: [LAU] digital voodoo: master fader should be set at 0db

From: <fons@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Monday, April 12, 2010 - 8:36 pm

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 03:44:21PM +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> we have 32 bit floats, with 23 bits of mantissa and a sign, which gives

Not FS - it's relative to the resulting signal. Which makes
it even more irrelevant.

> if all those cable and bit transparency fetishists knew how reference

For one, I've never seen a gold-plated XLR,
nor any left-twisting-oxygen mic cables.
Some mics are assembled by fair-haired Cheshire
virgins, that of course makes a big difference.

FA

O tu, che porte, correndo si ?
E guerra e morte !