Re: [LAU] bristol synths hang

To: <rennabh@...>, Nick Copeland <nickycopeland@...>
Cc: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 10:59 pm

--0-887723379-1292108389=:79610

--- En date de=A0: Sam 11.12.10, Nick Copeland =
a =E9crit=A0:

De: Nick Copeland
Objet: RE: [LAU] bristol synths hang
=C0: f.rech@yahoo.fr, rennabh@gmail.com
Cc: linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org
Date: Samedi 11 d=E9cembre 2010, 21h43

> > particular note "hangs" on the synth, and sending note off events

> I have the same problem here, playing with an usb keyboard.

Bristol has had these issues although they were supposed to have been=20
iron out in the later releases. The cause of the clicks was largely due to
voice reassignment with mono synths fixed by implementing a different
note assignment method (note preference with droning) and the sticky
notes were due to scheduling issues between threads fixed with a jack
ringbuffer message passing method.

Now a lot of the distributions are still packaging bristol-0.40 which is=20
a couple of years out of date. If you have newer versions then I can
work on some debuging with you, if you don't have 0.60 then it would
make sense to try that first.

I cannot rule out other issues but lets start with the versions you have
and take it from there.

Kind regards, nick.

Have compile 0.60 with no problem, and no clicks anymore :)
But now Bristol lives -alone- in Qjacks'MIDI tab, and the rest of MIDI stuf=
f are in ALSA tab...
What did I missed ?
=09=09 =09 =09=09 =20
=0A=0A=0A
--0-887723379-1292108389=:79610

--- En date de : Sam 11.12.10=
, Nick Copeland <nickycopeland@hotmail.com> a =E9crit&nbsp=
;:De: Nick Copeland <nickycopeland@hotm=
ail.com>Objet: RE: [LAU] bristol synths hang=C0: f.rech@yahoo.fr=
, rennabh@gmail.comCc: linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.orgDate: S=
amedi 11 d=E9cembre 2010, 21h43

> > particular note "hangs" on the synth, and sending note off events=

it> > unusable since it happens quite often. Untill now this hap=
penede with> > b3, minimoog and dx7.> I have the same =
problem here, playing with an usb keyboard.> Sometimes you probably =
have "clicks" (digital saturation) too.Bristol has had these issues=
although they were supposed to have been iron out in the later release=
s. The cause of the clicks was largely due tovoice reassignment with mo=
no synths fixed by implementing a differentnote assignment method (note=
preference with droning) and the stickynotes were due to scheduling is=
sues between threads fixed with a jackringbuffer message passing method=
.Now a lot of the distributions are still packaging bristol-0.40 wh=
ich is a couple of years out of date. If you have newer versions
then I canwork on some debuging with you, if you don't have 0.60 then =
it wouldmake sense to try that first.I cannot rule out other is=
sues but lets start with the versions you haveand take it from there.Kind regards, nick.Have compile 0.60 with no problem, and=
no clicks anymore :)But now Bristol lives -alone- in Qjacks'MIDI tab, =
and the rest of MIDI stuff are in ALSA tab...What did I missed ? =
=09=09 =09 =09=09 =20
=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A
--0-887723379-1292108389=:79610--