Re: [LAU] Made with Linux: Groovy House

To: Darrin Thompson <darrinth@...>
Cc: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Monday, November 29, 2010 - 1:39 pm

--0-1104654924-1291037984=:36338

Hi Darrin

Thanks four your feedback. I've mentioned in a different email which amps I
used.
Regarding sample libraries: I don't know...exactly... I think the majority of
samples come from the sample cd "House Musique" (from Ueberschall). I haven't
used loops for the main drums (all is done "by hand" with Hydrogen). However I'm
using a "loop" in the background which is somehow doubling the main drum beat.
That is something I can recommend for this style of music. Just take one of your
previous drum grooves, remove the deep frequencies until it sounds like on the
phone and put that in the background of your newly created drum beat. It gives
you a "fatter" beat.

The piano (if I remember correctly...) is the Maestro Concert Grand which you
can download from here: http://www.linuxsampler.org/instruments.html

Regards
Oliver