On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 21:53:36 +1000
> A while back I floated a theory or two on how to improve ZynAddSubFX'
Well I don't know if this was intended, but it's arrived in Linux
Audio, not Zyn!
Anyway, progress report :)
First stab at ccmake . gave the error 'Empty cache', but when I did a
plain cmake . by mistake, the repeated ccmake . lo and behold editable
fields magically appeared.
Anothe run as cmake . told my that 'unset' in CMakeLists.txt was not
recognised, so I commented out the three lines from No. 63.
After that I got the complaint that also was not there - well it damn
well is :) The script was being too optimistic. The alsa version I'm
running is 1.0.16 and changing the script to accept that seems to work.
Initial results running the synth are very good indeed. However there
is a problem with reverb -> initial delay. It always comes up at 40,
and changing the control has no effect at all. This is particularly
noticeable with Wet Brass in Raspberry Jam where there are very short
I'll do some more testing hopefully tomorrow, but I must say it is
looking very promising indeed.
Overdrive sounds really good :)
Will J Godfrey
Linux-audio-user mailing list