Re: [LAU] Jack0.116.2+svn3592-2 disconnect Ardour very often

To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 6:24 am

--0-1837182298-1251527030=:63654

Hi Patrick,

I have made these : compile an RT kernel, and "do something" in fstab, limi=
ts.conf, group. Surely there are other files to modify, but don't have hear=
d about they yet... If you have any idea don't hesitate !=20

Oh, soft mode is not so good, same error comes after a while, I will try to=
recompile Ardour and Jack to see if it fix the problem.

Anyway, thanks for your replies.

Freely --fred

--- En date de=A0: Sam 29.8.09, Patrick Shirkey a =E9crit=A0:

De: Patrick Shirkey
Objet: Re: [LAU] Jack0.116.2+svn3592-2 disconnect Ardour very often
=C0: "frederic rech"
Date: Samedi 29 Ao=FBt 2009, 0h59

=20
Hi,

It's good to hear that helped.

There are several steps you can take to make your system more capable
of low latency and avoid xruns.=A0 They include installing a real time
kernel and making some changes to the configuration of various parts of
the system.

Cheers.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd

On 08/29/2009 02:59 AM, frederic rech wrote:

=20
=20
=20
Thanks for replying Patrick : soft mode seems to work a
lot, what do you means with "fine tune" ?

=20

--- En date de=A0: Ven 28.8.09, Patrick Shirkey
a =E9crit=A0:

=20

De: Patrick Shirkey

=C0: "frederic rech"

Cc: linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org

Date: Vendredi 28 Ao=FBt 2009, 10h36

=20

=20

On 08/28/2009 05:21 PM, frederic rech wrote:
=20
=20
=20
=20
Hi list,

=20

Met a problem, with Jack as far as I can understand...

=20

I installed Jack + lib and dev + qjackctl from the Sid repositories on
this Lenny based P4 machine with Fluxbox as WM.. Then build Ardour from
svn.

=20

When do any change in an Ardour session, at the next PLAY it says Jack
disconnect Ardour cause it was not fast enough, and ask to try to
restart Jack, reconnect Ardour and save the session.. Nothing can be
done, and Ardour is freezed. When restarted, all connections have
disappeared...

=20

I try with a version of Ardour from the repos, and it's the same, so
think problem is on Jack side.

=20

Is someone in the list have had the same problem, and/or an idea to
solve this ?

=20

Any help will be appreciate, thanks !

=20

Freely --fred

=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20

=20

You can add a flag to jack commandline that will make it ignore xruns.
Maybe that will help.

=20

=20

ex. jackd -d alsa -s

=20

-s =3D softmode

=20

You can also fine tune your system to be able to handle lower latency
playback and increase stability.

=20

=20

=20

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd
=20

=20

=20

=20

=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20

=20
=0A=0A=0A
--0-1837182298-1251527030=:63654

Hi Patrick,I have made these : compil=
e an RT kernel, and "do something" in fstab, limits.conf, group. Surely the=
re are other files to modify, but don't have heard about they yet... If you=
have any idea don't hesitate ! Oh, soft mode is not so good, same =
error comes after a while, I will try to recompile Ardour and Jack to see i=
f it fix the problem.Anyway, thanks for your replies.Freely=
--fred--- En date de : Sam 29.8.09, Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@boosthardware.com> a =E9crit :De: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@boosthardware.com>Objet: Re: [LAU] Jack0.116.2+svn3592-2 disconnect Ardour very often=C0=
: "frederic rech" <f.rech@yahoo.fr>Date: Samedi 29 Ao=FBt 2009,
0h59

=20
Hi,

It's good to hear that helped.

There are several steps you can take to make your system more capable
of low latency and avoid xruns.  They include installing a real time
kernel and making some changes to the configuration of various parts of
the system.

Cheers.

Patrick ShirkeyBoost Hardware Ltd

On 08/29/2009 02:59 AM, frederic rech wrote:

Thanks f=
or replying Patrick : soft mode seems to work a
lot, what do you means with "fine tune" ?

--- En date de : Ven 28.8.09, Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@boosthardware.com>
a =E9crit :

De: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@boosthardware.com>
=C0: "frederic rech"

[...]