I'm pretty impressed by the work and way of organization by the Blender
They use open video projects to improve their 3d software. And those
projects looks pretty professional. The movie is even shown on the main
film festival in The Netherlands and the project got attention on some
big tv programs in at least The Netherlands.
Maybe this concept could be useful to improve and promote Linux audio
- contact a professional record label/ studio to make a record only made
with FLOSS software
- contact professional musicians/ bands/
- contact professional mixing/mastering engineers.
- make a cd and some live gigs/touring
- make money by sponsors/funds/donations
I think those 'professionals' doesn't have to be Linux musicians in my
opinion, but good musicians/ engineers in the first place. Of course
they should have interest in the project. and of course some expert in
the Linux audio community could join such a project.
The project could be managed by an Ardour team and/ or Linuxaudio.org
for example, like the Blender Foundation is managing the open movie
At the end of such a project:
- you have a nice cd and maybe some nice gigs (on festivals)
- you show the people what is possible with FLOSS audio tools and so you
- the audio software tools has been improved to get the project done.
Kick off next LAD conference?
Linux-audio-user mailing list