To whom it may concern: (again)
Jackdmp 1.9.2, Qjackctl 0.3.4
I do the following:
- Log in.
- Start a jack app.
- The app starts jackd, but using the wrong card,
and things don't work as expected.
1. Which parameters are used for such an autostart ?
Certainly not the ones in ~/.jackdrc, these would
have been correct.
2. Qjackctl also ignores ~/.jackdrc, so what is the
purpose of this file ?
- I terminate the app. Check with ps, there is no
more jackd running.
- I start qjackctl. It immediately shows a running
jackd, but his has restarted the previous wrong one.
- Click Stop, Start in qjackctl. Get the same wrong
- Verify qjackctl's Setup window. This shows the
settings for the right jackd, while it is running
This is *madness*
One more: you can't terminate qjackctl without
terminating jackd as well. Why not ? Killing
qjackctl does the right thing.
A request to the jackdmp and qjackctl devs:
PLEASE REMOVE THAT DBUS MADNESS
Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.
Linux-audio-user mailing list