Re: [LAU] beatrix, again

From: Rob <lau@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 8:15 pm

On Wednesday 13 May 2009 14:42, Grammostola Rosea wrote:

Everyone's free to license their code however they like, and everyone else
is free to express their pleasure or displeasure at that. I think it's
frustrating to developers because the code's right there and easy enough
to patch to address its shortcomings (in fact, people already have) but
it's illegal for them to do so.

It's been almost five years since the last release of this software, so if
my limited Hammond needs weren't already served by other software, I'd be
examining his ideas to see where they differ from what other people do and
trying to figure out a non-infringing way to implement them in free
software, whether in collaboration with another coder who never saw his
source or whatever.

Rob