[LAU] (no subject)

To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Monday, November 30, 2009 - 1:10 pm

linux-audio-dev@lists.linuxaudio.org
Subject: Re: [LAU] [LAD] FOSS Ethernet Soundcard

ken@restivo.org:

yes, if possible, but not one of my major goals
ack
amen
a 200MHz processor (as in my project) cannot possible drive a
gigabit ethernet, if someone has a better choise of processor, please
speak up

> So, if I were going to put the goal simply:

Can you summarize theese in more technical terms.

> In terms of how many I/O, I think that was still being calculated

Ok.

To be honest with you all, for me, this is not about to compete with
products on the market or to sale and market a product.

This is to do something, hopefully; together with (hopefully) other
fellow hw and sw hackers. To make it so, I'd like the construction to
be sufficiently simply so that a large enought share of hw hackers
can make the thing themself. In technical terms, I'll restrict myself
to double layer pcb's and non-BGA chips. That does not mean that the
design or the specification has to be of low quality.

Low price would be nice but is not a goal at this point.

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar Asp