Re: [LAU] a strange little song..

From: Q <lists@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 9:12 pm

James Stone wrote:
Hi.

Oops, sent this just to James and not to the list by mistake...

I've only just got around to listening to this as well. I also enjoyed
it -- it's got promise and I'd say it's worth pursuing. I find it odd
that it doesn't garner a good reaction live, it must just be one of
those matters of taste: you do say it never works well, perhaps when the
whole band "get it", and you can do it with conviction, the audience
reaction may be better.

I actually quite like it at the pace it is at, but as you say, it'll
need to be tight. I'm sure it'd work well a few clicks slower though. I
like the lyrics as well, I think quirky is probably an apt word to use.

A thought that occurred to me regarding developing it: how about
alternating verses male/female (or vice versa) and repeat the chorus one
last time in harmony -- it might give a bit of a twist to the lyrical
tale. You could use a different melody line for the male verses, one
that better fits your range and which harmonises with the existing vocal
melody. Just a thought.