Re: [LAU] setting up a Behringer BCF2000 for use with ardour

From: uhoh <uhoh@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Monday, October 19, 2009 - 1:45 pm

On Sunday 18 October 2009 12:04:14 am David Adler wrote:

okay, now i have extra ports under the MIDI tab conveniently labeled
midi_capture_3 ... midi_playback_8 (presumably for the BCF2000 and ardour) in
addition to my soundcard ports. i tried some random connections here, but it
didn't do anything.

> Some explanation of the two Midi systems:

thanks for the link. it doesn't solve my problem, but any info on how the
underlying software works is good to know.

under the ALSA tab i have the following out ports (in addition to my sound
card): MIDI 1 & 2 under the BCF2000 and control, mcu, & seq under ardour. the
in ports are the same for ardour, but i have MIDI 1, 2, & 3 for the BCF2000.
which outs connect to which ins?