[LAU] howto: making drums

To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Sunday, April 6, 2008 - 4:24 pm

------=_Part_9631_18340688.1207499090318

From: schoappied
Subject: [LAU] howto: making drums
To: linux-audio-user@lists.linuxaudio.org

Hi,

Do you use hydrogen or midi to make drum parts for your songs?

Are there nice drum hydrogen files available? where?

Are there nice drum midi files available? Where?

I'm looking for a howto to make nice drum parts in midi (rosegarden)
and/ or
hydrogen. Is there a good tutorial on the internet somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Dirk

------------------------------

This is my work flow for the drum parts:

I export to midi file the hydrogen song. Then I merge it in Rosegarden and
have it as a single midi track.
I write the drum parts in Hydrogen because as a sequencer is much more
user-friendly than Rosegarden. But then I use the more flexible midi file in
Rosegarden where I can change the tempo for different parts.

Then, if you like the chosen drumkit in Hydrogen you can use it as a
synthesizer as the playback midi device. Or else you can use qsynth or
Linuxsampler to play the midi song, but in this case you may have to
rearrange the list of instruments in the pattern editor of Hydrogen which is
very easy anyway.

------=_Part_9631_18340688.1207499090318