[LAU] Qjackctl 3.2, QT4, KDE 3.5.9, high CPU usage

From: <hanaghan@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 8:22 am

Hi folks...

I still running PCLinuxOS and using Thacś RPMś.

Without version numbers of lots of libs, the version numbers in the
subject line are relevant to my system. Hopefully thatś enough.

I set up a new box from the live CD and added all the audio stuff from
apt. Everything worked fine...I updated to Qjackctl 3.2 from and older
version even and still no problems. I then did a jumbo update out of
Synaptic...

When I run Qjackctl or Qsynth in KDE, the CPU usage shoots to the moon.
This has happened on another install of the same distro in the the very
same sequence and manner. I dont think itś Qjackctl that is the
issue..otherwise it would have done it when i first upgraded to 3.2 using
QT4. Even though Qsynth shows the same symptoms, pointing toward a
possible QT4 issue, that makes no sense either...again, it would have done
it before.

I suspect something in KDE is doing it. I tried running from Fluxbox, and
same thing...but doesn Fluxbox use some KDS libs anyway?

I guess I can install Gnome and try that but really dont want the clutter
on the machine. Anyone know anything about this? I saw another post on
Linuxquestions.org about the same thing on another distro...

TIA for any help.

Russell