Re: [LAU] ArdourVST - Latency Management

To: linux-audio-user <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2008 - 5:33 pm

Hi,

> I'm new to ardour and would like to know how you created this "channel

Well, I don't know if we mean the same, but I just put the desired
effects into the ardour-track in the mixer window. Nothing special.
Check out this mixer strip:
http://ardour.org/files/manual/images/mixerstrip.png
The plugins "Barry's Sa....", "Allpass de..." and "AM pitcha..." are the
plugins. And that is where you can load, unload, bypass, etc. the plugins.

> Try inserting the "Artificial latency" plugin from the swh-plugins
> mhmmm... that doesn't work. However, the latency of the swh plugin gets
> compensated like it should be.

> Those two statements contradict each other. What exactly is not
working on it? How exactly are you using it?

Hi.

I did what Lars suggested, I tried inserting the "Artificial latency"
plugin from the swh-plugins package after the VSTs. I understood "After
the VSTs..." as loading it into the same channel strip right after the
VST plugins. The channel routing is now:

Audio -> Stereo Bus -> VST plugins -> swh artificial intelligence ->
Ardour Fader/Panning ... -> Master Out.

Then I tried to change the delay value of the swh plugin. The Swh plugin
itself doesn't produce any effect. The VSTs are still delaying the
channel without getting compensated.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Best,